Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Outline for "Loop" Video

For this first assignment that is focusing on interactions between people, I have a couple of ideas. First, I was thinking I would like to have the imagery of various people that I speak to throughout the day, but only show our hands and the environment that surrounds them. I think this idea could be very powerful, but I am still unsure on how I would use sound. I was thinking of maybe merging all of the conversations that I had and it would become a quiet sound in the background as the hands did the talking. My other idea is to possibly remove the sound altogether and have a muted video when it is obvious that there should be sound. My other, more abstract, video idea would be to show the motion of a tire (speeding up and slowing down) throughout the whole video and then to add the sound of general movement. For example, feet walking, starting the car, bicycle or other motion creating objects. The idea behind this type of video is to bring my experiences of movement that creates the interactions I have with the objects and people I experience. I am still unsure which path I want to take with this project, but sketch videos are the next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment